Windows 10 How come I am not able to reach a live person when I call the support number. It ask question then tells you to go to help.microsoft.com

• Thread starter Thread starter KeithBoettcher
  • Start date Start date
K

KeithBoettcher

How come when you call to get support from MS about OS that it tells you to go to help.microsoft.com and nothing happens.

I believe I may have been scam into buying a MS OS over the phone.

I purchased a new LEVONO laptop Monday (4/12/21) the box says it has a OS windows10 Home in S mode.

When I tried to get it all set up I was having certain issues live getting my printer/scanner to function with my laptop.

I called a number for support and this guy asked all kinds of question about the laptop and then start working on it.

I could see him going through programs and typing. After a few minutes he said I had to dis the S mode. then after a few minutes

he told me that he system did don't has the MS OS and I needed to purchase it. So I did and after a hour or so. HE said that everything should work and do what I want. Yes the laptop does do what I need except it is not hooked up to the WIFI wireless operation for my printer/scanner.

Anyways he had me write out a check for $464 and scan it to him.

Did just pay for a OS program which I did need?

Was I scammed?

Is my new laptop toast now?

If so what can I do about getting it back to factory new again.

Continue reading...

Back