Windows 10 How do I disable some device-wide settings in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Thread starter NapSanti
  • Start date Start date
N

NapSanti

I have 2 Windows 10 desktop PC user account, my wife has the standard account, and I have the admin account.

I notice that some settings seems to be shared between us, but this are somewhat odd settings that we seem to share. I assume it's because Windows 10 OS is sometimes installed on a tablet.

1. Screen Sleep Time Setting: I set the screen to sleep after five minutes as I only need the screen on when I'm actually typing something on the PC. My wife needs the screen to stay on way longer than five minutes as she uses the PC to study. For some reason, everytime she changes her account's sleep time, it also changes my account's sleep time. She changes it to 30 minutes, my settings changes to 30 minutes, I change it back, her's changes too.

2. Volume Level: Very much like with #1, changes in another account pretty much changes all account's volume level.

There could be other settings we share but this is the two I noticed so far. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my little problem.

Continue reading...

Back