How do I fix %E2%80%8% when pasting in Address Bar?

• Thread starter Thread starter Amuro GT
  • Start date Start date
A

Amuro GT

Whenever I copy a nonhyperlinked web address to a specific image, video, forum post, etc. and paste it in the address bar and press return, the page does not display. When I view the history it is adding characters %E2%80%8% in the sublink information area. For example if I want to visit a posted youtube video the link will look something like youtube.com/watch?v=gGqQgal-BcI4 and instead will display it as youtube.com/watch?v=gGqQgal-BcI%E2%80%8%B4 (yes I know the http is absent and the example may not be a real video link - this is only to serve as an example of what is happening) when pasting a direct (non-hyper) link from somewhere into the address bar, hitting enter and viewing the history.
Given everything I have tried, I am sure it is not a third-party (addon) feature. I have tried: Disabling ALL addons, turning off all startup services and programs, deleting temp files/internet cookies/temporary/history. I have reset all internet settings - including the advanced tab and there has been no change in the result. Even if I copy and paste it in a search bar and the recopy/paste it in the address bar the result does not change. The only work-around I have found is copy the desired link in a word type program such as MS Word 2010 and then pressing spacebar or hard-enter so the link becomes hyperlinked. Then I right-click and left-click open hyperlink.
Any other solutions would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back