How do i fix the disorganized mess that is windows 10 start menu???

• Thread starter Thread starter captainplanet1984
  • Start date Start date
C

captainplanet1984

Been very frustrating but ever since updating to 10, i've found that there is no way to organize the apps/programs on my pc according to where one may logically look for them.

I have no problem sorting the programs that i myself install, but anything considered an app, whether it came with windows 10, or from the app store is locked in illogical alphabetical order in my all apps menu. For example I have Kodi, VLC, Nextpvr (tv tuner because windows took away my windows media center) All located in one folder Called Media players, And i only Maintain a shortcut for Kodi (which is the frontend for my PVR) in my start menu, and desktop as Movies & TV, yet i can't do anything to hide the annoying and cluttering windows 10 Movie and Tv app.

If i actually do decide to use this app i would prefer the option to place the app in a place where i would logically find it (which is definitely not in the main all apps menu in an alphabetical order, hindering my ability to find the apps i would actually use) Same goes for the Netflix App, i have no power to relocate the shortcut to its logical location.

same goes for my webbrowers, some are better than others at different things, in my start/all apps/Browsers folder, i have Opera,chrome,firefox,waterfox,and internet explorer. I use chrome as my default.........................so then how do i move Microsoft Edge into my Browsers folder, so that is in a place i would logically find it if i actually needed or wanted it, as well as not hindering me finding other apps that i may actually want to use??

I've always been a stickler for maintaining a meticulous and clean desktop free of shortcuts or nonsense. I order everything in such a way that someone knowledgeable could find anything on my pc if need be, and a dummy can only easily find what needs to be found. Its my TV tuner/Media Center/Game Machine in my living room and the menus need to be as logical and straightforward as possible so that anybody unfamiliar with it, can get on and watch any form of media without confusion.

Windows 7 was perfect in that regard, in customization, as well as Kodi as a frontend for Windows Media Center (which i sorely miss, and would gladly pay for, not that DVD player Windows Media Player ****, Kodi plays DVDs, im not paying 15$ for DVD player, i have 3 of them gathering dust in the closet, why would i pay for another 1)

Same goes for the calculator, and dozens of other windows apps i will rarely use and don't want to be bothered scrolling through when looking for the multitude of other programs i actually install on my pc and intend to use.

I dont mind them being there, just in their proper places, and not in the way of productivity.

I'm going to have to refrain from installing or using windows 10 apps if they dont resolve this problem.

Continue reading...

Back