Windows 10 How do I get the L click on my mouse to work correctly?

• Thread starter Thread starter edokie
  • Start date Start date
E

edokie

Very frequently when I left click with my mouse on an item such as a button or an item I'm trying to order from a merchant, the normal L click on the mouse gives no response at all. In most of those cases if I then R click on the same thing and I get a drop down list with "open" at the top and I then L click on the "open" it does what I expected the L click from the mouse should have done. My system is up to date with Windows 10 updates and I have run the troubleshooter for mouse, and "devices" and I'm always told "your device is working correctly" "no problems were found". I've tried this with the "Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 USB/PS2 Compatible" that I'm using now to write this as well as several other Microsoft mice, both wired and wireless and several versions of wired and wired Logitech mice including the Logitech 325, with exactly the same result with all the mice. The failure of a normal L click with the mouse does not always fail, but I estimate it fails approximately 50% of the time with all the mice I've tested. Both the Microsoft wired and wireless mice react the same way as do the Logitech wired and wireless mice. I don't recall any time when I right click and get the drop down list with "open" at the top of a list, when a L click on the "open" in the list didn't go ahead and give me what I expected to get with a normal L click of the mouse. I don't remember any time when this problem occurs over and over in a consecutive fashion. Usually it's just one time when it fails, then it works normally until it fails the next time which can be after just a few normal L clicks or after several normally functioning L clicks of all of the mice. This is a home built computer, built by me with an ASUS motherboard, Intel 6800k processor, and 64GB RAM, and an EVGA 1060 graphics card. I am using a wireless connection to Cox.com broadband internet and I do not have the same problem with any of the 3 laptop computers or 5 desktop computers that are all on the same home network. I'm not having any other known functional problems with any of the other computers. I've used the same mice that I have problems with on this computer and they work normally on all the other computers, that are all running Windows 10. Can you please help with this very annoying problem? Or if you can't, will you please pass it on up the Microsoft Support chain to see if someone else can help? I have too much on my main "C:\" drive (Samsung 512 EVO SSD) to reinstall Windows 10. I will appreciate any help you can give. Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back