Windows 10 How do I turn off pen feedback in Windows 10? (pop up, bubble = Ctrl, Alt, Shift)

• Thread starter Thread starter Crimson_89
  • Start date Start date
C

Crimson_89

I'm using a Wacom cintiq 24HD Touch tablet
and I need to turn off pen feedback (pop up, bubble = Ctrl, Alt, Shift)

26d848256a4fa436c176b3de5ebe717b.jpg

abef54517fcb4281531b13651165fa53.png

very very horrorble...in Photoshop CC 2017 and Zbrush
Please help me..!

Find the solution without turning off Windows ink.
Because the improved Windows 10 ink can use both touch gestures and pen use in CC 2017 at the same time.

In addition, the following methods did not work.

------------------------ Method 1 -------------------------
Https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/how-do-i-turn-off-pen-feedback-in-windows-8/4cbfb07b-6d19-4e86-b7fe- Ae97dff3e0e2

I got this on the Wacom forum, I think ...
It's not a final solution, but it works! You will get rid of the ripple effect and the drag and drop lag!
I still have the CTRL, ALT and WIN tips that appear when I press those buttons while on "pen" mode.
Use this trick until a more sophisticated solution comes from Microsoft and Wacom.

1. Using the latest Wacom Driver

Note Edit your registry at your own risk and backup before proceeding !!
2. Applied registry fix that worked for Windows 7.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftT "TurnOffPenFeedback" = dword: 00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicroso "TurnOffPenFeedback" = dword: 00000000

3. Used GPEdit.msc Disable Dynamic Pen Options
User ConfigurationsAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsTabletPC
Cursors- Turn off pen feedback set to "Enable"
Hardware buttons - Prevent Press and Hold set to "Enable"

4. In Control Panel, Pen and Touch, Press and Hold Right Click is checked and enabled.
5. In the Wacom Table Properties, under options, click Set to hover click.
6. Used current registry hack
[HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelCursors] ContactVisualization from 1 to 0, and the key GestureVisualization
From 1F (31) to 0

Rebooted my PC and all is working as it should! I am able to select text, drag and drop, and click combo boxes on web pages with no delay issues and this is even using the Intuos5 wireless module. The only thing that is not a big deal to me at this point is when I press the side switch on the pen right click, a circle appears.

You must enable and control the right and left mouse click control panel to prevent click and drag delays, like selecting text and dragging boxes. If you disable this option then you will get drag, scroll issues and the combo drop boxes on web pages will not work. To help avoid the right click menu from popping up the Duration to the long setting possible and the Speed to short. This will give you a penalty of 2 seconds before the right click menu will come up. Hopefully a fix for the press and hold will soon be found soon!
------------------------ Method 2 -------------------------
Https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1501276?start=0&tstart=0

Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus to use Microsoft system API's, with these API's you need to Windows Ink enabled. These APIs give you better stroke results and improve the out-of-box experience for your Windows tablet / convertible devices. If you want to go back to the old WinTab implementation of previous versions do the following:

Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.
Type in the following lines:
# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0
Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 \ Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings \ Adobe \ Adobe \ Adobe Captivate \ Adobe \ Adobe Captivate \ .
To turn off the gestalt's functionality, delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file. Or, move it to a different folder if it does not contain any other commands, or change the lines so they read:
# Use Win8 native tablet support
UseSystemStylus 1
-----------------------------------------------------------
Because this method uses the older Windows Ink API and turns off Windows 10 ink, you can not simultaneously use the touch gestures and pens of the Windows 10 Ink API enhanced in CC 2017.
Palm rejection and pen input confusion, cursor blinking

As an artist, I am in a very very sad situation. :(
Please someone help me.

Continue reading...