Windows 10 How do I unblock Pause Updates in the Group Policy Editor of Win 10 Pro?

• Thread starter Thread starter ClaudiuG
  • Start date Start date
C

ClaudiuG

I have updated my home PC with Win 10 Pro to version 1809 build 17763.475 a few weeks ago. I had already set via Group Policy to defer this kind of big updates for 180 days, to not reboot, ask before download etc.

My problems started after this delayed update, somehow the Pause Feature and Quality Updates feature is enabled from Group Policy. I cannot find where and I also cannot download Defender definitions. The Windows Update window says "Some settings are managed by your organization". When clicking on "View configured policies", it says that the pauses & deferrals are of type Group Policy and source Administrator. But I cannot find any gpedit settings like that. And "Advanced Options" has the paused features greyed out because of the supposed Group Policies. And says that "Quality updates paused by your organization until ‎6/‎16/‎2019." Same for Feature updates. But my real problem is no more Defender definition updates!

I went to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UpdatePolicy\PolicyState and disabled the paused updates and set the period to end on May 16 instead of June 16 and rebooted. Still nothing, I have a Defender definitions update stuck saying "Pending download" KB2267602 (Definition 1.293.1848.0). And that it's ready to download, but it's not downloading anything.

So where do I find the Pause Updates and Start/End Time in group policy editor to take them out? I went to Computer Config / Adm Templates ... / Windows Update for Business and no start date is there and the delay is now set to 0. Previously it was "Not Configured"

Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back