Windows 10 How do I view/recover WLAN credentials with WPA2-Enterprise/AES security settings?

• Thread starter Thread starter xprt007
  • Start date Start date
X

xprt007

Hi there

My notebook has Windows 10 Pro with the latest update all installed.

I recently had WLAN credentials used on my laptop to enable internet access for a particular network using WPA2-Enterprise (AES), EAP Auth. I was not able to write a copy of these credentials at the time, which is something I usually do, in case for some reason, Windows 10 requires logging in anew, as it once in a while, something I'm afraid of, does to access the same network in different locations, although in 99.9% of the time, the login is automatic.

Furthermore, with "normal" WPA2-Personal (?) authentication, which is used in several networks whose credentials are saved on my notebook, one can access the password via Network properties => Security and making the password visible.

With WPA2-Enterprise (AES), this is not possible, one cannot view the username and password.

There's software like XenArmor Wifi Password Recovery, or Wirelesskeyview from Nirsoft, with which one can view at least the key.

Via command prompt => netsh wlan show profiles, it lists all the active profiles but omits the WPA2-Enterprise profile.

Is there any FREE way, one can view or extract the username and password for WPA2-Enterprise (AES) for a specific SSID?

Whereas the network connection is working, I do not know the credentials on my own machine!

The only apparently working means I found is EnterpriseWifiPasswordRecover from Github, but the problem is, it is too complicated to use. I had hoped, it's a simple program to download and run, but it is not and the instructions are too complicated.

The command C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show profile name=ThisSpecificNetwork key=clear delivers some info, but no username/password, including:

Security settings
-----------------
Authentication : WPA2-Enterprise
Cipher : CCMP
Authentication : WPA2-Enterprise
Cipher : GCMP
Security key : Absent
802.1X : Enabled
EAP type : Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
802.1X auth credential : User credential
Credentials configured : No
Cache user information : Yes

So is there any simple way I can view & secure/backup the used WPA2-Enterprise profile for a specific network I access with my own notebook, ie the username + password?

Thank you in advance.

Continue reading...

Back