Windows 10 How do you Fix DXError.log and DirectX.log at installation of directx_Jun2010_redist.exe?

• Thread starter Thread starter herbertmaxie
  • Start date Start date
H

herbertmaxie

Hi,

I have been having problems to get a preview on timeline of Pinnacle Studio 23. After reporting the Pinnacle customer center, they advised me to install directx_Jun2010_redist.exe which is available from windows website. I doesn't make sense why I should install June 2010 redistribution while I have DirectX Version: DirectX 12, currently installed but I went with the flow [any reasons why?]

So, I got an error of 'An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log' in your Windows folder to determine problem'. I have searched for these 2 logs and have been impossible to find. However I found some suggestions online of similar error from other users and one of recommendation was to modify the registry on path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX; replace 'installed version' to a value of 0808 00 00 00 09 00 00 00, and 'version set' to a value of 4.09.00.0904...and others recommend to pause/stop antivirus...well I did all that and restarted the PC and nothing worked. When I approached Pinnacle customer center they say I should report to Microsoft, not their problem!

What am I missing here, please??

Continue reading...

Back