Windows 10 How to change language for non-Unicode program on Winpe?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fennx
  • Start date Start date
F

Fennx

Could anyone help me with the problem, I've been addressing it for a whole day but turned out no luck, I'm not so familiar with Command Line. My download is Hiren's Boot CD based on Winpe 10, is English language display version, but also the language display for non Unicode programs which got the main problem is that I wanted to move the files on hard disk on which there are some Chinese Unicode characters turning out garbled codes, I googled for it, then have reached some postings says there is a solutions, the sum-up is about to type in Command Line "Dism /image:F:\sources\boot.wim\offline /Set-SysLocale:zh-CN" the directory therein is correct is the Winpe on my U stick. I had a try of this address on my Windows 10 system but failed as the Winpe not running, then otherwise I tried of this line again but with the "offline" replaced with "online" that failed again as being on the Winpe running booted(from either UEFI and legacy mode is okay) from my U stick, both returned error code 3: Make sure that the image path and the windows directory exist and you have read permission on the folder.

Is it my command line is not proper?

Could anyone help me out? Many appreciates, Hiren's Boot CD is good, I don't want to change, just only wanted to set the language for non Unicode programs to zh-CN. Please tell me the resolution precisely, because along with am not so familiar with Command Line tool.

----------------------Have tried the following address but still NO LUCK, because while Winpe restart all of the settings are not saved.

Open some apps UI, after installations and decompressions there goes problem turning out garbled codes, it's because of the compatibility of systematic Character encoding. Therefore, generally to set the "non Unicode programs" to zh_CH is okay.

Onto Control Panel setting, and to “Time Zone and Region”, and to "Region and Language Option" and to Change system locale in the Language for non-Unicode programs.

Continue reading...

Back