Windows 10 How to change the menu bar color in applications

• Thread starter Thread starter tamason
  • Start date Start date
T

tamason

I have the same question as was recently posted by another user who did not receive a solution and still had the thread locked, which is frustrating. So, since there are several users that still have this question I'm copying and pasting his question here. I'm fully willing to use Regedit to accomplish this but I can't figure out which key it is.

When activating windows dark mode, lots of applications (including windows file explorer, ...) turn automatically to full dark mode as well.

But some seem to not have completly developped their dark theme and some elements still appear white (f.i. Title bar and File menu bar). This includes some windows "legacy" application like control panel, registry editor, ...

After research, it seems it is because not all default window colors are changed when switching to dark mode. In particular, Title bar and File menu bar remain white per default (and by lowering specs, I also noticed a white canvas/background before applications like file explorer fully load).

Thus If an application do not provide a full dark theme, some elements will appear white (per default).

Hence my question: Do someone know which registry key to edit in order to change the default color for the File menu bar ? (or simply how to do it)

I managed to find in registry how to modify default Title bar color; but the File Menu bar remains white (c.f. snip below). I will continue searching meanwhile.

Many thanks in advance for your help !

Continue reading...

Back