Windows 10 How to disable apps and files from automatically opening in full screen mode?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinonaAzure
  • Start date Start date
W

WinonaAzure

Getting so tired of this, who wants this feature? Hard to understand why when you open and app or even a file, it automatically opens in fullscreen mode. If you are multitasking, which I imagine every single computer user alive is doing, having everything open in fullscreen mode is very annoying. It covers all of your other work and focus. For example, I have an extra wide monitor and when I simply open a photo in Photos app, it opens fullscreen. So the tiny 300x200 px image is in the center, and the entire rest of the screen is covered with gray. I mean really, who would ever want this?

Here are the things I've tried:

1. Disable the arranging of windows when you drag a window to the edge. Yep, tried it. I'm asking about when you open though, so there is no dragging being done. This works great if I do want to drag windows though.

2. Right-click on app icon, go to properties, go to the compatibility tab, check the box "Disable fullscreen optimizations". Yep did it, does not solve my problem. I don't think it has anything to do with opening an app or file, just has to do with images perhaps? Anyway, it did not work.

Anyone know a fix? Since all apps and most all files open like this, I'm guessing it's a system setting, but no idea which one. Thank you for your help.

Continue reading...

Back