Windows 10 How to display image thumbnails in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Thread starter coolcity2
  • Start date Start date
C

coolcity2

OK I know this is an age-old question, but I've never been able to display any images since I bought my Surface Pro 4 (new), I always get the image icon rather than the actual image. On the various desktops I have it's never been a problem.

The image flashes briefly when I open a folder with images in it, then reverts to the icon. It's a real pain as I work with images all the time in my work.

I did find these instructions from a couple of years ago, but they didn't work for me:

[COLOR=rgba(161, 29, 122, 1)]1. Open File Explorer (Manila folder icon at bottom on task bar)

2. At the Top Click on 'View"

3. Select Large Icons (so you can see them easier)

4. Click on Pictures from the file path on the left

5. Press Ctrl 'A' to select All

6. At the top Right click the drop down arrow under 'Options' then select "Change folder and search options"

7. Under folder options click the 'View' tab

8. (Be certain that all of your files are Still Highlighted, if not cancel out of the folder options and

Repeat steps 4 - 7

9. Next, under "Advanced Settings" DE-Select the first entry for "Always show icons, never thumbnails"

10. Click "Apply" then OK.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Everywhere you look, you're advised to follow the same steps as in #9, i.e. uncheck the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Folder Options, but it ju[/COLOR]st doesn't work for me. Does ANYBODY out there know how to resolve this? Thanks.

Continue reading...