Windows 10 How to downgrade from 64-bit Windows 10 to 32-bit

• Thread starter Thread starter Joe13 B-) 2.0
  • Start date Start date
J

Joe13 B-) 2.0

Hi

This is another help topic which you may be interested in. This tutorial shows how you can downgrade to 32-bit Windows 10 from 64-bit. Let's get started!

PLEASE BACKUP YOUR IMPORTANT DATA BEFORE YOU CONTINUE. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR DATA IS LOST.

-------------------------------------------

Step 1: Take a blank USB pen-drive, convert it into a bootable disk

Take a blank USB pen-drive of more than 8GB space. Plug it into a separate computer and follow the steps here to convert it into a bootable disk: Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive | Microsoft Docs

Step 2: Download the Media Creation tool, run it

Next is to download the Media Creation tool and run it to install Windows on the pen-drive. Go to this link and click Download tool now: Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After it downloads, run the tool. Click Create installation media... option in the 1st question and click Next. Uncheck the 'Use the recommended...' checkbox and select your language and edition. Below the edition drop-down, there's an architecture option. Click it and choose the 32-bit edition. Click Next. Now continue the rest of the steps on the screen.

Step 3: Install Windows

After it successfully finishes, immediately remove the pen-drive and plug it into the computer you want to downgrade to 32-bit, when the computer is TURNED OFF. Turn on the device, and just before it manages to boot into Windows, enter your PC's BIOS. It has a special key that lets you enter the BIOS. Search for it in the internet using this format: <computer make & model> BIOS key. When you find it, click the key on startup before Windows attempts to boot. If you failed, shut down your PC from the lockscreen, start again, and try again. When you successfully enter, change the Boot # 1 to the pen-drive. Save changes, and restart.

Choose your language and other options, etc.. When you reach the drive selecting question, delete all drives EXCEPT THE SYSTEM DRIVE, WHICH HAS A 'SYSTEM' NAME NEAR IT. Choose it and click New > select the desired value for the 2nd drive. Do this again if you want another drive or more drives.

Continue the rest. It may ask you to enter your product key. If your device was activated before you downgraded, choose Skip or I don't have a product key, and later it will be activated once you connect to your internet- this is also applicable to devices which were activated with a Digital License. If your device was not activated, purchase one and enter it in the field. The product key will come in the e-mail. Digital License cannot be purchased. If you're lucky, you'll get a Digital License.

-------------------------------------------

Wrapping things up

So that was interesting, right? These same steps can be applied to reinstalling Windows. If you have a 32-bit PC, choose the 32-bit option from the architecture section in the tool. If you have 64-bit, choose 64-bit.

Note: This thread was made by myself, I didn't steal it from any site.

I hope this helps. If you find this helpful, please don't forget to click Yes below this thread near 'Was this discussion helpful?'! :)

Joe13 B-) 2.0

Continue reading...

Back