Windows Vista How to print a copy of the list of files in a folder on a Windows 8.1 computer?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tennesseewoman
  • Start date Start date
T

Tennesseewoman

Is there a magical "Print List of File Names" button on the screen that shows the list of files saved in one particular folder? Probably too much to ask!!!

I have over 30 file titles listed in one folder. I need to print this list of file names. I am using Windows 8.1. Most of the files are Excel 2010 Macro-Enabled Worksheets, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not since I'm not interested in the data for this exercise.

Please note: I don't want to copy the actual data within the files. I just want to copy and paste then print the list of file names. Now, if there is a way to just "Print list of file names", that would be ideal. However, I've found that there is seldom anything "Ideal" when it comes to Microsoft, Windows or especially Windows 8.1!!

I found one set of directions that included right clicking on the list, clicking "Copy" and then "Paste into Word. (Didn't work - When I clicked "Paste", I kept getting the error message, "Word is waiting on another application to complete an OLE action". (1) No other apps were open. (2) I couldn't find out what an OLE action was. (3) To get rid of the error message I had to do the <Control> <Alt> <Delete> maneuver.

The results of the Windows 8.1 Support search were NOT related to this query (which is word-for-word as this query). Some of those results "How to move folders", "How to export folders", "How to install multiple fonts in Windows 8.1", "How to create a program list in Windows 8.1" and my personal favorite, "How to print in Windows 81".

Continue reading...

Back