Windows 10 How to recover a folder

• Thread starter Thread starter JoeMartino
  • Start date Start date
J

JoeMartino

Hi,

After several decades of using computers, it finally happened to me. I have deleted a folder inadvertently on my Windows 10 X64. Unfortunately, my backup data is a few days old and I had updates around 20 files in that folder. The folder contains over 1400 files and I really like to recover those 20 files if possible. Using the Mini Tool Power Data Recovery software, I was able to point the tool to the deleted folder and it retrieved over 100,000 files for that particular folder. Unfortunately, the files date as early as 2015 and most recovered data are not in a readable format. They are scattered in many folders with archaic names (i.e. 0003456 or $dir451 and so on). Some files are in readable form in distinct folder names like "Part data" but those are extremely outdated files. Once all data were retrieved I tried using the Mini Tool's search facility to locate the files of my interest and but no luck (perhaps because most of the file names are malformed) Considering this situation, searching for those 20 files in a pile of 100,000+ seems like a daunting task, so I was wondering if there is a better way to retrieve the folder with more current data?

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...