Windows 10 how to reset font settngs?

• Thread starter Thread starter daydreaming.loves
  • Start date Start date
D

daydreaming.loves

i use windows 10 and i wanted to change the windows font, i went to settings>personalization>fonts and i liked system bold so i found a tutorial online and it said to open notes and paste this in:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="System Bold"

and name it NewFont.reg and open it and then turn my laptop on & off. it worked but i want to change it back to the original Segoe UI font because some icons dont appear with System Bold and i looked up tutorials for that too. it said to go to

control panel>appearance and personalization>fonts>font settings and click on ''restore default font settings'' and i did that but the button greyed out and so did the ''OK'' button and i thought it was loading or something but i waited a few minutes and it didnt do anything so i thought maybe thats how its supposed to be and if i reboot my computer the button will have done its job and restore default font settings but it didnt because some icons still didnt show up for me. then i went back to the NewFont.reg file and thought if i edited it and typed in the last line ''System Bold''=''Segoe UI'' instead of "Segoe UI"="System Bold" it would work but that didnt work either. and i cant find any other tutorial online for this :(

Continue reading...

Back