Windows 10 How to use multiple monitors with the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jon Koelzer
  • Start date Start date
J

Jon Koelzer

This question is not about the ubiquitous RDP client that has been on windows for many years, this question is regarding the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app, which must have been packaged in an update at some point.

The app I'm writing about can be found on the windows store, and is suggested as a client on the second row of this page Remote Desktop clients next to "Windows Store"

I would like to be able to use both of my monitors at home while I am working remotely, to utilize the two monitors at my workstation.

The old RDP program that has existed for well over a decade has an option under the display settings that says "Use all my monitors for the remote session" which works perfectly well to this end.

Either the new client does not have this option, or I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know if there's a setting I've missed, or perhaps a workaround that does not involve stretching the window of the session to span both of my monitors?

Continue reading...

Back