Windows 10 hp laptop with Windows10 keeps disconnecting from wifi and I have tried everything

• Thread starter Thread starter ir0n&lace
  • Start date Start date
I

ir0n&lace

Okay. SO. Not sure how long this has been happening (at least since the beginning of May and it is now the end of June) but my computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi. And I don't mean like one to three times a week or in a day. I'm talking about it is happening every few minutes.

It wasn't this bad at first. It started off happening only a few times a day but has progressively gotten worse. I can't play a song halfway through without it happening twice. And when I click on my networks button, it says that I'm connected, even though it's not working. Sometimes it'll fix itself after not working for a few minutes, which is why I think I notice it less while I'm just browsing the internet versus when I'm streaming music or video. No website or streaming platform has been immune, and none of the other devices connected to our wifi has done this. This isn't a new laptop either. I've had it for a year and a half now and I've never had this kind of problem with this or any other laptop/computer.

I have tried every method I can find with a simple google search, even reinstalling Windows. I have reset my router and modem multiple times and restarted my computer multiple times. All of my drivers say there are no updates I need and every troubleshooter/diagnostic test I've run has either said there is nothing wrong or basically said "hey, you're not connected to a network" like yes. OBVIOUSLY. I know next to nothing about computers, but I've been getting help from my brother who knows at least a bit about this stuff (he's the one who suggested reinstalling Windows as a last resort). Now we've hit a wall of what he knows and thinks I should do so I'm posting this begging for help. I'm a college student so my computer is vital in my everyday use (especially right now) and I'm just so frustrated and fed up with this issue.

PLEASE if you know something, help me!

Continue reading...