Windows 7 HP P7-1010 was crashing like crazy after upgrading to windows 10, and continues to crash once a day after reverting back to windows 7. Help!

• Thread starter Thread starter danjer9
  • Start date Start date
D

danjer9

So here's the story:
A few months ago, I decided to do the free update to windows 10 while it was still available. My windows 7 HP P7-1010 pc was fine before then, no crashes or anything. During the first update attempt, the progress bar was stick at 100% for hours so I had no choice but to hold the power button till it restarted. The second update attempt was a success, but it had to do the windows 10 download and installation again which took a long time, but once it reached 100% the installation finished as expected. However, that same day I started using windows 10, the computer started crashing many times. It would restart, and after 20-30 minutes, it would crash again. So I immediately came to the conclusion that it was windows 10's fault, so I reverted back to windows 7 the very next day without a hitch. However, after using windows 7 for a little while, it crashed. And it continues to crash at least once every day (though that's far less than when it was on windows 10, when it would crash like every half hour). So now I'm thinking that me attempting to update to windows 10 (twice) in the first place has perma-borked my poor pc.
I've continued to use my pc, even though I know it will crash around once every day (though it auto-restarts pretty quickly). Before I buckle and invest in a new pc, I thought I'd try asking around for a potential solution. Here's some things I noticed while using the pc:
-Keeping the task manager opened all the time, I noticed that firefox would steadily creep up to >1,000,000K, though that would only lag my computer till I closed firefox. My pc sometimes crashes even if firefox isn't open and the memory usage meter is only halfway full. AKA my pc crashes at seemingly random times.
-If I'm watching youtube or any sound is playing through the speakers, when the pc crashes, the sound will hang and the screen will glitch out. Usually it just auto-reboots, but sometimes it's a bsod
-I ran the checkdisk utility multiple times on boot, with no errors found
-I ran memtest86+, with no errors found

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Here's the link to a folder with a three-part screen-capped pic of what it says everytime after my pc reboots from a bsod (it doesn't appear if my monitor glitches out/sound hangs and the pc auto-reboots). I also included two of the minidumps from when bsod's occurred.

crash related files - Google Drive

Continue reading...

Back