Windows 10 Huge keyboard input lag since last update

• Thread starter Thread starter Cassin1306
  • Start date Start date
C

Cassin1306

Hello,

A few weeks ago, Windows installed a major update and since I have big troubles with my keyboards, keys stopping to respond when typing then a big chain of 15-20 of the last keystroke appeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaing (<- just like that) appearing at once

I use two kerboards, a corded Logitech G110, and on the evening on the couch a combo cordless keyboard/mouse Logitech MK250. I have the same problem with both (and with the cordless, it also hit the mouse who stop responding too).

I tried to :

- change USB ports, did nothing

- tested my keyboards on my wife's computer, works fine (so, not a hardware problem)

- tested my wife's keyboard on my computer, works fine too (and it's also a Logitech, K310)

- deleted the USB drivers on the Device Manager so Windows can re-detect them on reboot, did nothing

- restored Windows via the restoration menu, did nothing

- created a USB-drive boot installation, deleted all the partitions of the hard drive, reinstall from scratch, did nothing (really nothing : first thing I did after Windows booted up was to open the notepad to test)

And it's now even worse than ever. It took me almost five minutes to type my password to access my NAS, on reboot when typing my PIN code to open Windows the keyboard went crazy and typed almost 50 digits, making the message "you entered the wrong password too many times" appears. Right now I'm struggling to write this as I have to delete huge amount of multiple letters thrice per word, it's an absolute nightmare.

Keys are stoppingggggggggggggggggggggggggg to respond for almost 2 seconds in a row now and splling letters everywhreor even longer (<- yup, this is what happen without me checking every two letters) I was trying to say "Keys are stopping to respond for almost 2 seconds in a row now and then spilling letters everywhere for even longer". Worse, the backspace is going haywire too, deleting half sentences when I just want to delete a few letters.

So, if anyone as any solution to this, I am glad to hear it !

Thanks in advance ! :)

Continue reading...