Windows 10 Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio.

• Thread starter Thread starter OlafBubel
  • Start date Start date
O

OlafBubel

Hellou hope anybody know exactly a answer for my problem:

Following problem occour: Hyper - V & Linux Mint 19.3 [VM NO AUDIO] over Hyper V Manager!

My Host System is Win 10 Pro x64 . And Linux VM is Linux Mint 19.3. x64.

I try a lot of sugessstion in diffrent forums for Linux and now i decided to ask my question here.

I have a (Dummy audio soundcard instead of my HW built in soundcard on my linux VM and

can't change anything here) also not in Hyper V - Manager. There are only passtrough for other

devices, but no settings to passtruth audio from VM over Hyper V as Host.

Problem as i connect to my VM over Hyper-V-Manager the result is no audio after install Linux VM

on Hyper V Manager:

I think it's related to the (Dummy Audio) and no good function for audio passtrough in Hyper V at all.

Can't solve this issue rightnow sad but truth. Get grey hairs haha :-) Hope anybody can help out with

my problem?

I saw in other posts that they had also the same issues with Hyper V (audiopasstrough). They suggest

to use Virtualbox or VMWare player instead of Hyper-V-Manager that is not possible to passtrough audio

over RDP with Linux Mint 19.3. or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS??? Or did i miss anything in the Hyper V Manager?

I try out also Ubuntu 18.04 LTS same problem with (Dummy Soundcard). But one thing i had seen (not hear)

in the [Audio Settings Manager] of (Linux VM) that the output gives sound out in Ubuntu with dummy card.

I believe it's a problem releated to Hyper V Manager (Passtroughaudio Issue). Don't know exactly?

[moved from German forums]

Continue reading...

Back