Windows 10 I can't get signed into my computer because I am getting stuck on a screen that says press ctrl-alt-del, but I can't because the window keeps disappea

• Thread starter Thread starter KayluhNuhkole
  • Start date Start date
K

KayluhNuhkole

Ok to begin i just want to mention that im using a desktop computer running windows 10. I never have any issues with this computer, so im at a complete loss right now. Today while using my computer I got a prompt to restart my computer because windows had "encountered an problem." I restarted the computer, and upon startup when I got to my background where you click before getting the bar to put in your password, the computer froze. It wouldnt bring up the password bar at all. I still had control of the mouse, but could not get ease of access or anything in the bottom right hand corner to load. I had to manually restart the computer, and when it came back on it now has a black screen with a black box, outlined by a white window, which is labeled C:\WINDOWS\system 32\logonUI.exe. The actual box itself says 'Press ctrl-alt-delete to unlock. The box keeps flashing on the screen for a few seconds and then gone for a few seconds, it does not stop flashing anymore than 2-3 seconds at a time. When i do press ctrl-alt-del, nothing happens. Sometimes if i time it right the box will say "enter credentials for-myusername:" i can usually get 2-3 letters of my password typed in before the screen goes entirely black for a few seconds, and then going back to the "press ctrl alt del to unlock." I've tried start-up repair, ive tried system restore but it says i have no restore points. I got it to startup on safemode once but it wasnt connected to the internet. I tried to do the reset but it said i dont have enough storage. Im lost here, any idea whats going on?

Continue reading...

Back