Windows 10 I can't reactivate my Windows 10 after a hardware change (servers are unavailable)

• Thread starter Thread starter jmr367
  • Start date Start date
J

jmr367

Hi, before upgrading my motherboard I upgraded my OEM copy of Windows 10 Home to a retail copy of Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. Also prior to upgrading the motherboard, I had linked my Windows 10 Pro license to my Microsoft account in order to be able to reactivate the OS. The motherboard change was successful, and windows recognizes my Microsoft account. After changing out the motherboard: When I ran the activation troubleshooter and clicked "I changed hardware on this device recently," I was taken to a screen that stated "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again." I have tried solutions all over other questions and I still cannot solve this issue. I also noted that I was unable to locate my Windows 10 Pro product key in the email confirming the purchase. I had additionally verified via the command prompt that my Windows 10 Pro copy is retail and not OEM before installing the new motherboard as well. I am not sure if the servers have actually been down for 18 hours at the moment or if my computer itself is having issues.

Continue reading...

Back