Windows 7 I did something wrong in windows 10 and My Computer put itself back to factory. Windows 7 Home premium Version 6.1 (build 7601 service pack1)

• Thread starter Thread starter billzpoolz
  • Start date Start date
B

billzpoolz

I must have done something in error as my Yahoo emails started to delete "All emails" I immediately clicked cancel and forced a shutdown.. Usually this had no ill effects - Just "normal" start up afterwards. but this time something was not "normal" and it took a very long time of just balls going around. I forced another shutdown as I have done before with no problems and expecting "normal" start up as after a power outage.

The Screen came up with Cyberlink Power Recover withe the Assuring Message Power Recover (P.R.) will back up all data

on C:\\Users to the Folder C: Backup my Data You May find it in that Folder after the Restoration is Complete.

options to click (Previous); (Start); (Abort); (OK): I clicked (OK).

After USB connecting an unused 1TB HDD (just in case).

I felt reassured, but knowing I was out of my depth to understand.

There was a Step1 Completion then Step2 Start Restoration.

The next Screen Restore Image Path : E\ RECOVER\factory .wsi (Now I am Panicking)

Current file: Initialising.... Speed : 0 Bytes /Minute Time elapsed 02:30 Time left : Blank

Message Comes up cmd.exe - Corrupt File

The File or Directory (D:\Windows\CbsTemp\ 308729 (sine wave (~) symbol) is Corrupt & Unreadable Please run the Chkdisk Utility.

file & Unreadable with Instruction to Run Check Disk Utility (OK) I clicked (OK)

I had to leave it running after 21 minutes on checking

Re Power recovery is Now Image Path: E:\RECOVERY\ ....

Current File Recovering!!!! Speed 1.18GB/Min. ( This did Vary) Time elapsed 52.49 Time left 18.18 This also varied.

When it eventually stopped and the computer restarting

706,048 File records Processed, 861,274 Index entries Processed

Then it continues deleting Corrupt Attribute record (128,... 0 ( I am copying the screen as fast as I can)

SEQUENCE 54690 47152 PROCESSED

706048 file record 336 large file records Processsed(FRP); 0 bad (FRP); 306 EA (RP); 690 reparse (RP):

CH Disk is verifying index Stage 2 of 3

Deleting index entry f1bc72dc-Obff-4512-a153-d133482957c0.tmp in index.$130 of file 18313

Continues with deleting Index entries Until it NEEDS A COPY of ACTION AND A SECOND RESTART

Starting Windows

Setup isUpdating Registery etc Until It Says Preparing your Computer for 1st Use!!!

I now have Windows 7 Home Premium

I may have some existing documents in C:\ Back up my data.

But as I have had a progression of Windows Operating systems and certainly two of my previous several computers involved with links I had not updated in case they were lost. There are lessons to be learned.

Can the Forum help me to get back to just before this happened on the 9-10th March.

Even if I get Back to my free windows 10 Version 2004 (OS build 19041.572) This was perfect but a later update would not allow me to Paste Folder/Program icons on the desktop. (The essential part of a desktop surely. but the update was Just a pretty picture desktop. Ah!

Whereas I had 60-70 icons for instant one click access It could have been a Brutal building site or a Bus Station on screen. for all it mattered.

Continue reading...

Back