Windows 10 I don't know what virus I've picked up, but I can't reset my PC now.

• Thread starter Thread starter JadenLeRed
  • Start date Start date
J

JadenLeRed

So, I bought this laptop that has dedicated graphics, and it had/has graphics issues, but was still usable.

Now I can't open my notifications sidebar/control center, some text next to check boxes in the Settings app (Windows 10) is missing, some lists of apps don't appear, launching things like "Create and edit disk partitions" (Which would normally open the normal Windows Partition Manager) just don't do anything when tried launching from a search, and other very strange bugs.'

I REALLY did not want to have to reinstall Windows 10 a 4th time since I got this laptop not even a month ago, but I... TRIED.

I can't even reset this laptop anymore, through the downloadable option or the local one, it just restarts and fails, putting me back into the failing operating system I've had to work with for a week. These peculiar glitches started happening around a week ago, but I was putting off resetting my PC because reinstalling all of my applications just takes forever. Oh yea, I also can't even update/download/install Microsoft Store apps anymore.

My theory is that I picked up a strange virus from one or more cracked applications I've installed, but I've not installed any just a week ago, I had already had my apps reinstalled by then. The only cracked apps I've installed period are: The whole Adobe 2020/2021 Creative Suite/Master Collection. I uninstalled most of it though, I really only needed a few, like Media Encoder, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop, among a few others.

Please help me, I don't want to have to watch this nice gaming laptop fall to Windows 10 another time, or a 5th time.

Thanks,

-jaden-

Continue reading...

Back