Windows 10 I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro 64, and i need help with what to do next to be able to play games.

• Thread starter Thread starter E&Dr
  • Start date Start date
E

E&Dr

Please help me, i am desperate about this matter, can't even sleep properly since then, because i am a little depressed, sad, i bought this laptop and these nice games and cannot play them.

2 weeks ago i was starting a game, then blue screen and Windows crashed, restarting loop and I had no other choice but to reinstall it, i couldn't fix it or go back cuz no restore point available.

I installed my Windows again and i wasn't able to install my nvidia driver, i did try again and again till i went past 30 reinstallings, so i have no ideea what to do.

My Windows is Windows 10 pro 64 OEM.

My laptop is lenovo legion y520-15ikbn with i5 7300 hq, gtx 1050 4 gb and 8 gb ddr4 ram, 1 tera hdd.

Is really annoying because everytime i try to even set nvidia as my desired driver from device management, intel takes over and games Works like shhhheeeeeet with intel hd, all low and low resolution, damaging my eyes constantly, i feel in some games like i am playing doom 2 or minecraft, but on lowest resolution, and fps in majority of my games are with this intel hd 630, only 20-30, but is dropping down to 10 fps lots of times, laggs and ...but is still playable, a little.

Here is a list with everything i did try so far, by myself, in the first week, till i gave up for a bit and played some games with this hd 630...:

I contacted nvidia support, they told me to download their driver, they even gave me a link to it, i downloaded it, installed it, the driver asked me for restart and then Windows required a reinstall, after 2-3 hours of waiting, watching the Y logo of lenovo legion Y250, and some dots that appear and dissapear.

Then they told me to go on lenovo site to update my drivers, so i went to support center and when i did try to update my my bios, again Windows crashed, blue screen, restarting loop for more than 1 hour, nothing else but to reinstall it again.

Then i talked with them again and we reached the conclusion that this is not an nvidia matter, but i have to talk with microsoft or lenovo.

I did play some games from steam only since last week, kinda struggling with low fps and resolution, laggs and etc, thinking myself what and how to do, while doing my daily stuffs, like working, watching a movie, some you tube clips, sleeping.......

Today when i went to write some stuff on a document, i observed that i downloaded nvidia driver, notebook, this is what i thought, when i downloaded it first time, 2 weeks ago, since my windows crashed.

I downloaded it only once, in January when i bought my laptop, Windows and some new games, installed Windows, drivers, games and played so far all good till 2 weeks ago.

I also did try with the dch driver type, but that gave me error.

I didn't try with standard, i thought that was for pc only, and now i remembered that laptops are as pcțs but portable pc.

I am thinking of trying the standard version next week, monday or tuesday, now i just installed like 500 gb games from my steam library and some demos and i am still about to conclude some demos, and i wait to finish collecting everything from the event from rocket League.

With my nvidia driver installed, i was able to play on max settings most games, like battlefield 4, assassin's creed 4, gta 5, rise of tomb raider, soul calibur 6, fifa 20, pes 20, jump force on med settings, r6s on low settings with 90+ fps and so on.

I bought my laptop in January, so i can still use the waranty, but i'd like to find a solution to my installing problems, or at least i try to, in a week, if i cannot do a thing till then, i just give up and send it to store, or change it with a pc if possible, around the same price.

Btw, Tera worked kinda on med settings, with lenovo's default driver in January, and once i installed the geforce experience, worked just great with all settings and everything on highest, 40-60 fps, far cry 4 was ok too, rare lags, very rare but in gta 5 for example, i was able to play just fine for only 20-30 minutes, then starts lagging and very huge fps drops, maybe cuz it was in summer and i didn't get a cooler so far, no ideea.

Also I don't think that my gpu is broken, phisically, because is tied with cpu and cpu still Works just fine.

I did try 4-5 days ago to install nvidia driver again and i was able to enter in 2 demos, in one Windows crashed the instand i clicked it, then i could restore, and in the other demo i got in menu, clicked start demo and then Windows went back to restore again.

Continue reading...

Back