Windows 10 I lost my Hard drive bitlocker recovery key and I don't find where to write the password.

• Thread starter Thread starter mostafaassem
  • Start date Start date
M

mostafaassem

I have a big problem. I spilled Coffee into my laptop, and now it doesn't work. so I took the ssd hard drive to get my data, because my master project is in the hard.

But when I connect my hard drive to another laptop, it asks for a 48 digit Bitlocker recovery key. I've searched for that and I found out that the recovery key might be saved on the hard drive or into my Microsoft account or in a USB memory, But I didn't find it.

I don't know where I can put the password, because it asks for the 48 digit Bitlocker recovery key not the password. and I cannot find any option that allows me to write the password. (I tired by command prompt with "manage-bde -unlock D: -password " but it says "Error: An attempt to access a required resource was denied. Check that you have administrative rights on the computer. "

So I don't have the 48 digit Bitlocker recovery key and I don't find where to write the password. Is there any solution? and If I manage to fix my laptop, will it ask for the 48 digit Bitlocker recovery key again?

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back