Windows 10 I need an old version of a driver provived through Windows Update - USB Problem!

• Thread starter Thread starter Renato5566
  • Start date Start date
R

Renato5566

Good day!

For several months now, I have had a problem with some USB devices randomly and frequently disconnecting and connecting again on windows 10.

It happens with my Windows Phone from 2016, an old Android Phone, an USB DVD Drive and my Webcam which is connected internally to an usb port. These devices work completely fine on another computer with windows 7 and I know the USB ports themselves are working fine, because my Headset, Xbox Controller, Mouse, External HD, etc., don’t show any problems on my win 10 computer.

I’ve tried almost all solutions found on the internet and nothing works. I have tested and my USB DVD Drive works when I start on safe mode. Also, my Webcam worked fine on 2016. So I am sure it’s a driver problem. The problem is probably with the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver, because that’s the only driver (other than USB Root HUB (USB 3.0)) that keeps getting updated through Windows Update.

I have searched the Intel website, but they only provide Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller drivers for Windows 7. The driver for Windows 10 is provided by Microsoft through Windows Update. So, is there some way to revert the driver back to when my camera worked (2016) or could you provide a download link from microsoft for older versions of the driver?

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR – I want older versions of Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver provided through windows update.

Continue reading...

Back