Windows 10 I NEED to turn off repeat keys and none of the solutions provide a viable way to do it

• Thread starter Thread starter ModHunter
  • Start date Start date
M

ModHunter

To quote an earlier question:

"I used my keyboard to do all kinds of things that require me to hold down a key, like Push-to-Talk. However, when I do so, my keystrokes repeat after about .5 seconds so the key is being pressed over and over and over and over and over and over. I have looked at Filter Keys, turned them off, still my keys repeat. I changed the settings in filter options to turn on bounce keys and low and behold my keys stopped repeating, however, the minimum setting for bounce key pressing is .5 seconds which means if I want to backspace 10 times, I have to wait .5 seconds between each push of the backspace key. If I want to space 5 times I have to do the same. words with repeating letters are the same problem. Really irritating.

All I really want to do is turn OFF repeat keys, but there is no option to just TURN THEM OFF. Even if I turn off filter keys, my keystrokes repeat. I know that I used to be able to use keyboard commands to do things like push-to-talk, WTH?"

Same problem, but the listed solution for that question (which didn't work then), doesn't apply to newer versions. Neither of the 2 supposedly needed options are available to me.

"Ignore all repeated keystrokes" is not an option anymore.

This should be a DEFAULT OPTION for All keyboard using OS's.

Why has this option been HIDDEN?

"Avoid accidental keystrokes" is not an option.

Bounce Keys- "Choose how long your PC waits before accepting repeated keystrokes" Ranges (0.3-2.0 secs, Would work IF we could set it to 20 Minutes)

Slow Keys- "Choose how long your PC waits before accepting a keystroke." Ranges (0.0-20.0 secs)

Not helpful at all.

Repeat Keys- "Choose how long your PC waits before accepting the first repeated keystroke." Ranges (0.3-2.0 secs).and another setting "Choose how long your PC waits before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes." Ranges (0.3-2.0 secs, again this Would work IF we could set it to 20 Minutes). Where can I change these settings in the registry?

Continue reading...

Back