Windows 10 I uninstalled the Display Drivers on my Surface Pro 7 trying to fix a brightness problem

• Thread starter Thread starter GuyThing1
  • Start date Start date
G

GuyThing1

Last night I noticed I was having a problem with the brightness on my computer and I wasn't able to change it. Someone left a well-received answer to a person with the same question I had, so I gave their solution a try. They said to uninstall the display driver then reboot the computer, so I did and it left me with the Microsoft basic driver when I came back and everything on the screen was oversized. I tried to update the driver back to what it was before I deleted it and it almost worked, but it said there was an issue, so I tried again. It failed the second time as well and then everything on the screen became small. I turned my computer off and on again, but when I checked my display drivers, there was nothing there. Not even the Microsoft basic driver. So I can't even update it to the latest anymore. Apparently just updating windows 10 was supposed to help with my first problem, so I did that, but now I have no display drivers, my brightness won't change, and the camera doesn't turn on.

Please, someone, tell me what's happening and how I can fix it. This never should've become a big issue, it was just the brightness at first and now I don't know what's happening.

Continue reading...