Windows 10 Icon label drop shadows. For over 4 years and throughout 5 major upgrades of Windows 10 Microsoft has failed to address this problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Stephen_C
  • Start date Start date
S

Stephen_C

I have just updated to 1803 and Microsoft is STILL ignoring the desktop icon label drop shadow problem.

There was a thread here but MS locked it because they don't want people to keep whingeing about something they refuse to fix.

With a setting of a light background with dark text, Windows will keep resetting to white text and ugly drop shadows on the icon labels.

There are many "solutions" out there because it is covered on hundreds of forum threads. Despite doing all the settings suggested, making changes in the registry as some suggest, it still keeps reverting. It is possible to make it stick as long as you don't use "Task View".

As soon as you use "Task View" the ugly drop shadows are back, the only option is to restart Windows Explorer in Task Manager and try to remember NEVER to use Task View again.

And to be certain it's not just a particular configuration or video card that's the problem I have set up light backgrounds of several different machines with several different users and they all do exactly the same thing.

I have tried reporting it to MS and have been offered the same "solutions" as above but of course it is unfixable.

I suspect Microsoft doesn't even want to know. This must be some sort of wicked problem for their developers.

Continue reading...

Back