Windows 10 I'm the new IT guy for our company and I need help/training bad

• Thread starter Thread starter SchaeferTheLast1
  • Start date Start date
S

SchaeferTheLast1

I own a retail business and I'm struggling to learn all that I need to know in order to be a real effective and competent IT guy. I know what I want regarding programming; however, I have always worked for large corporate businesses with their own full time multi-floor IT department that managed thousands of locations until now. I have all the hardware in place as well as all the correct software. We have a POS system I love and do not want to change. Additionally, I do own Windows Enterprise and I know just enough to either get lucky eventually or wreak havoc. I cannot hire an IT person because we are a new business with only two locations. We do not have the cash flow. We have 17 permanent workstations and a true server between the two locations and the server is at home office. The last time I took any kind of computer training was in 1998; however, I'm very efficient with Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe, as well as hard-wiring a system correctly. I eventually manage all the programming errors such as sharing or firewall rejections. Again, I know just enough to be dangerous and I'm self taught out of necessity. What is my best course of action to learn what I need to learn in order to be the administrator, programmer, security, and every other aspect of IT I must know now and fast? I work 6 days a week, 12-16 hours per day. I'm only don't go into work on Sunday, but that is the day I normally catch up on emails to vendors, service, as well as accounting.

Continue reading...

Back