Windows 7 Impossible to get out of Administrator Mode for Edge

• Thread starter Thread starter JetGardner
  • Start date Start date
J

JetGardner

My fifteen year old VERY RELIABLE computer was upgraded from XP to Win7 years ago and hasn't given me any trouble.

It is a 2005 HP reconditioned desktop tower with added cooling fans and obsessively spray the dust out of it.

In that time I've replaced the CD/DVD player/writer twice (I'm proud of myself)

I regularly back up all my documents to thumb drives and occasionally backup copy my registry

I used to be "into" computers, but have long since forgotten a lot since my computer is very reliable and running perfectly

A few years back, I tried to upgrade to win 10 but MS wouldn't let me because my motherboard is too old.

Having said that...

I upgraded it to Chromium Edge as my default browser and for all intents and purposes it nearly identical to use as the Google Chrome browser that I deleted... I kept Internet explorer just in case but since Edge is set at the default it's not used.

...except for one little thing.

The Administrator mode warning

When I set it up, I made myself the Administrator and deleted all others, since I live alone and don't use WIFI

I tried creating another User Account that wasn't an administrator, when I logged back on, it said it wouldn't load it.

I reactivated the "guest mode", but it wouldn't load it either so I'm stuck with the one user account... mine.

I've heard LOUD warnings including the Edge one about running it in Admin mode.

Any helpful suggestions on ditching the admin without losing the ability to create/ditch tasks???

Continue reading...

Back