Windows 10 In Display settings, changing the scale of a display does not change its relative size when arranging with other displays

• Thread starter Thread starter Brian Kendall
  • Start date Start date
B

Brian Kendall

I have Windows 10 installed on a 2017 iMac. I've connected a second monitor to it that is not retina resolution. When both displays are set to a scale of 1.0 the "select and arrange displays" section looks like this:

That's reasonable, as the logical area covered by the first monitor is much bigger than the second. However, the second monitor is physically only a few inches shorter than the iMac's monitor. So I set the scale on the iMac monitor to 2.5, which makes it so that elements between both monitors are about the same size.

However, after I did that, the "select and arrange displays" section still looks like this:

It didn't change! The second display should only be a little bit shorter than the first now. This makes it very awkward for me to move the cursor from one display to the other. I have to move the cursor into the lower right corner, and then it appears in a totally incongruous spot on the second display. It's very annoying!

Is there any way to fix this?

Continue reading...

Back