Windows 10 Installed Huawei hisuite, usb drives no longer working (Error 38)

• Thread starter Thread starter [Jean.Paul]
  • Start date Start date
J

[Jean.Paul]

Hello,

After installing the "HiSuite" software to connect a Huawei phone that came with the phone, I noticed that my system no longer recognizes any USB drives/sticks.

The message in the device manager properties is always the same:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory."

I tried everything, uninstalling huawei hisuite, different solutions I found searching (uninstalling USB drivers, etc) and even a software "USB Oblivion". Nothing seems to resolve this.

I expected it to go away with the 2004 update but I still have the same issue after the update. The system can boot from a USB stick, but when Win10 is booted, it does not mount any USB drives/sticks and always with the same error message above in the properties in device manager.

I also noticed that the hardware trouble shooter no longer exists, which is a solution that is suggested in a lot of places but no longer seems possible. Why is it gone?

How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards,

JP

Continue reading...