Windows 10 installing video card drivers crashes pc

• Thread starter Thread starter dennissteed
  • Start date Start date
D

dennissteed

after fixing win10 update, I had to do a clean reinstall, my pc worked for awhile then crashed. I replaced what I assumed was a bad hard drive and reinstalled windows updated everything but could not install video card drivers. Video card is a AMD Radeon R9 200 series. In device manager it shows the card with the yellow triangle showing there's a problem. In properties under device status it says, windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39). {path not found} the path %hs does not exist. I have gone to amd web site and followed there clean install directives to down load the drivers. The drivers download but when installing my pc crashes hard. I have to restart several times to get it to repair itself or go to a point prior to my attempt to install the drivers. It crashed so hard a couple times I had to reinstall windows. I removed and replaced the card to make sure it wasn't loose. The fan works on the card. I have done this several time with the same results. Could this be a bad card? My pc is a Dell running win 10 pro version 1909, Intel(R) core(TM) i7-4790 cpu @ 3.60ghz,24.0 ram, 64 bit operating system, x64-base processor.

Continue reading...