Windows 10 Intel AC 7260 Not working properly on Windows 10 (ASUS ROG G751JT)

• Thread starter Thread starter Tylerj021
  • Start date Start date
T

Tylerj021

Hi there,

I have owned this laptop for a while now. When i first got it second hand it worked perfectly. (ASUS ROG G751JT). But i updated Windows to creators edition a while back and that is where the problem started. However that being said I'm not entirely sure Windows 10 is the root cause but possibly just a factor.

It is an Intel AC 7260. (But the issue occurs with any usb wifi adapter as well).

The problem is ; When connected to any Wifi network, the main problem is that the internet speed is greatly reduced. For example if on a 20 Mbps line a speed test will show 0.4mbps download and 0.1mbps download for example. If on a 20Mbs line the speed test will show 8mbps download etc. So basically on a really fast line the speed is usable but greatly reduced (making it pointless) and on a slow line the internet is unusable entirely. Nothing will connect as it takes too long and times out(games/browser etc).

A further problem is actual connectivity issues. As in the wifi adapter will disconnect from the wifi and reconnect continuously or just show one bar connection , even if the router is directly next to the laptop. This problem will transfer over to a usb wifi adapter as well.

Lastly if uninstall the wifi adapter from device manager a couple times in a row(w/delete software for it) it will stop working and i have to reinstall drivers manually to get it to work because it simply wont turn on.

Fix's/ Attempts ; 1) If I delete and reinstall the adapter from device manager the issue persists. However if i delete C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Netwfw02.dat, (and manually replace it myself from the intel drivers) the internet speed will go back to normal, but wifi connectivity is unusable because it will disconnect and reconnect over and over again during use.

2) In safe mode(with networking) = connection is perfect and speed is perfect (With driver signature enforcement disbled)

3) Disabling driver signature enforcement works until laptop is restarted and same issue occurs.

So I have tried many other things that don't work such as changing the adapter settings but i have been trying for a while and cant remember them all off hand. From what I have done so far though is I believe there is an issue when my windows installs drivers( could be malware or something like that)

and i think that because it will keep reinstalling my razor thresher and just when it comes to installing devices in general there is always an issue. With installing software smart screen can often not be reached for an unknown reason . When i disable driver signature enforcement, all the device issues go away and it doesn't keep reinstalling my headphones and devices every time i restart.

There is also two event logs one is AC7260 and the other AC72601.

Thanks so much , look forward to hearing from you ,

Regards Tyler

Continue reading...

Back