Windows 10 Intermittent Blue Screens & System Freezes

• Thread starter Thread starter RegulusStar
  • Start date Start date
R

RegulusStar

Hi,

This is a long on going issue, I'm getting intermittent blue screens & system freezes. What I experience is what you might call a Freeze Crash then a blue screen appears after.

I built a new PC and the issue has been going on for nearly a year now. The issue still remains even after many Windows 10 fresh installs and along with many PC parts being replaced. I always try to keep my system clean from unwanted programs and I am always updating the bios and drivers, in the hope that the issues may simply be fixed via an update. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case.

This issue appears to happen in the early stages after a system turn on. I open up Discord sometimes and do some typing and the freeze starts then blue screen. It could blue screen between 1-3 times with different error codes. I press the reset button on my PC and everything will be fine for the rest of the day normally. Then I can go 1-3 days before the issue returns.

My system will not return from a sleep mode as well. This is a separate issue I believe and some of the dump file error codes may relate to this.

Blue Screens

Latest Blue Screen:

On Mon 20/07/2020 12:48:18 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072020-6625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3DDB60)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFC10600000014, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80505BF7016, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Other Blue Screens

REGISTRY_FILTER_DRIVER_EXCEPTION

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

CUSTOM_ERROR

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

FAST ERESOURCE PRECONDITION VIOLATION

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY

KERNAL AUTO BOOST INVALID LOCK RELEASE

PFN_LIST CORRUPT

TIMER OR DPC INVALID

All blue screen error codes above were generated from the 1st of July 2020 and may have been repeated more than once.

PC Specs/Info

Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Hero (X570)

CPU: Ryzen 3700X with stock cooler.

PSU: Corsair 1000watt

RAM: G-Skill 3600mhz DDR4 (testing with 16gb) (have another 16bg to complete the build)

Windows 10 Ver 2004 (Latest install date 01/07/2020)

What I have tried/tested so far:

Discord has been reinstall with admin launch only rights after the 20/07/2020 blue screen above.

On my OS Drive my Virtual Memory have been set to 8364 - 10000

Ram tested with the Windows Memory Tool and with memtest86 - Tried running ram at stock speeds and at it's rated speed.

Run Windows check disc

Run sfc/ scannow

Check all my hard drives for errors with third party software. Tested the issue with only the OS drive connected.

I've tested my issue with the OS on my Nvme drive with it's correct driver and now the OS is being tested on a standard SSD.

CPU Fan speeds have been set to full speed over 3000rpm to check for heat issues. No cpu overclocks are set.

Tried some different power plans.

Disabled the audio drivers I'm not using.

Chipset, Bios & GPU are all up to date. Bios is on default settings.

I have an old monitor running on it's original driver from my days with Windows 7.

I'm running an ethernet connection (Intel (R) I211 Gigabit Driver version 12.18.9.7 Date 05/03/2020

Continue reading...

Back