Windows 10 ipconfig /renew returns Unable to Contact DHCP Server. DHCP Access Denied. A million errors with no solution.

• Thread starter Thread starter bigboi27
  • Start date Start date
B

bigboi27

Hello I've recently changed ISPs and my ISP is telling me that everything is configured in their end but I still have Unidentified Network and running a diagnose says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

To solve this I found online that maybe running ipconfig /release then /renew might do it but it didn't, I get the message "An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

I've tried multiple things to solve this and none of them have worked, these include:

• Running ipconfig /registerdns: this simply said "Registration of the DNS resource records for all adapters of this computer has been initiated. Any errors will be reported in the Event Viewer in 15 minutes."
  • Going into services.msc, finding DHCP and restarting/stopping it: This shows a box with the following: "When DHCP Client stops, there other services will also stop -WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service, Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup, Network List Service, Network Location Awareness" and if I want to stop them so I click yes only to be greeted by the message: "Windows could not stop the DHCP Client service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied."
  • Trying to solve the above, I've had to go into regedit and change permissions for DHCP and TCPIP, I followed many instructions online and none of them have worked.
  • Running netsh winsock reset: After running this it told me to restart so I did and the result was that nothing changed.
  • Updating drivers: I tried to update my network drivers and it says they're up to date, I can't rollback and did confirm these are the latest ones.

If anyone has a solution to this problem I'll be glad to hear it and try anything out, so far nothing seems to work and I'm beginning to wonder if it's a problem on my end or the ISP.

Continue reading...

Back