Windows 10 iPhone photo transfer to PC

• Thread starter Thread starter TL415
  • Start date Start date
T

TL415

I have asked the same question before and still couldn't find a solution.

Did anyone experience issue on photo transferring from your iPhone to PC (Windows 10)? I find this same issue happening to several Windows PC desktop I had as well as other people I know as well.

I have an iPhone 8S and iPhone Xs max (both with 256 GB storage). My photo storage should be just under 100 GB.

My iTunes and Windows are all up to date but I am still having issues transferring the photos and videos from both of my iPhone to desktop computer with Windows 10. I do not have any issue on iPhone to MacBook transfer since it's both Apple products, but connecting to PC is a big issue for me.

I've tried:

1. Using the Photos App from Windows 10.

I got the message stating it could not connect to my device. A few mins later, it connected but the Photos App did not find any photos.

2. File Explorer on Windows 10.

I tried another way to connect my Apple iPhone listed under "This PC" so I right click and select "Import pictures and videos." Again, it took quite some time until the computer recognizes my device. Then a small window opened after I right clicked and starts looking for pictures and videos. I click Import all files. The import windows opened and I selected to Import all files I selected. The window froze. I waited for more than 30 mins and had to go to Task Manager to close the App itself.

3. I use file explorer and waited for my iPhone to connect. Then, I opened the DCIM folder on the iPhone and manually drag the folder that contains the picture and videos that I wanted to transfer to my desktop hard drive. During the process, it wither transferred a few files and freezes or it says that my device is unreachable. I have to disconnect my iPhone and restart my computer just to get my iPhone to connect to the computer again.

I have contacted Apple Support in the past but the technician said it seems like my iPhone is working fine and that I will need to contact Microsoft to find a solution relating to the Windows problem. I checked updates on the Device Manager (Apple iPhone) and it says the best drivers for your device are already installed. It just seems like I have to play with my luck if the iPhone connects to the PC and then I can get just a few mins of the picture/video transfer before it looses the connection. I use the Apple lighting cable so I do not think that is an issue.

Does anybody know what else I can do?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Continue reading...

Back