Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD on a new laptop

• Thread starter Thread starter SilverHawk20
  • Start date Start date
S

SilverHawk20

Hi!

I bought a Lenovo Idepad Gaming 3 laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1650ti video card 2 weeks ago and have been dealing with multiple blue screens of death and random crashes. Most of the time the system tells me is an " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" but I've also got a "kmode_exception_not_handled" and other times just a black screen, this errors can appear multiple times in an hour or just once a day and nothing specific seems to trigger them, I've got them while watching a YouTube video or just idle on the desktop and I've also been able to run a resource intensive game for hours without an issue.

I've tried all this already to no avail:

* Installed all Windows updates

* Downloaded all driver updates from Lenovo

* Installed all the recommended driver updates from Nvidia

* Installed all the recommended driver updates from AMD (for the integrated video card and processor)

* Reset Windows to factory mode

* Downloaded a clean iso and reinstalled Windows 10 from a usb drive

* Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics and got no errors

* Ran the Error Checking tool on the SSD and got no errors

* Ran the Hardware and Devices troubleshooting tool and got no errors

* Disabled all the non-microsoft services on System Configuration and rebooted

The only thing that seems to have solved the issue was to enable Safe Boot on System Configuration, when I did this I got no errors for more than 12 hours.

You can find the .dmp files (I had a lot more of these but lost them when I reinstalled Windows) and also some relevant screenshots of what I've tried so far on this Drive folder. Let me know if you need any aditional information.

Thanks for the help!

Continue reading...

Back