Windows 10 Is there a FIX for Win 10 Mail App not showing New Mail Notifications ?

• Thread starter Thread starter JimDirt
  • Start date Start date
J

JimDirt

I have been searching the forums here and Google looking at every article I could find on this subject , and everything I find is a couple years old , what I am looking for is a FIX , for the Win 10 Mail App on my new to me PC , it has a fresh install/reset of Win 10 Home , and everything on it is fresh , when I first redid it , it worked , then after a few Windows Updates (not the 2004 Update as I am postponing that till they fix a few bugs it lists that will screw up my PC) , but just the regular Updates , one of them (not sure which one) somehow made it stop showing (6 or whatever the number happens to be) new emails on the Envelope like it is supposed to do ,,, both my accounts are Hotmail , and I have tried all the settings and tried all the suggestions of making sure this or that is turned on , and they all are on , it is set EVERYWHERE to show notifications and make a sound .... the sound is all I get , once in a while it will show 1 , but I open my email and there are 4 or 6 or 2 or 1 , I never know how many emails I get till I open it , or if I got any at all because it did not show any number , but I open it and there are several

I have tried everything with the exception of reinstalling , because I have limited bandwidth , so I do not want to download all my emails and contacts , etc. again , so I can't just download a bunch of stuff "hoping" it fixes the issue (I have several thousand emails dating back to 2003 that I want to keep relating to family members that have since died) , and from what I have seen on older posts/topics , is that reinstalling did not fix the issue , , I finally got it to show over to the right of the Taskbar in the notification box , but I don't want it there , I want it on the Envelope where it should be because the Taskbar notification mixes it up with Windows notifications , so I think I have 6 emails , and I only have 4 , so that is annoying , it gives the sound for a New Email , just no number of X new emails on the Envelope , so I have to open it constantly to see if I have a new email .... this seems to have been a issue for several years , so I do not understand why Microsoft has not addressed this issue and made a permanent FIX for it .......

Is there anything that actually works and fixes the issue ??? , I got this PC from a friend who upgraded (he just got this PC last year) , mainly because I play games , like COD , FarCry , etc. , so it is 3 times faster than my old one , and I did a Reset right after I got it last week , and started fresh , so it had no issue till one of the updates screwed it up .....

So what I want is to be able to see there is New Emails , on the Envelope , and the correct number of emails that I got , I have read and read answers to this issue , and tried the suggested things to do , and none of them have worked so far , I am certain one of the updates recently (within the last couple weeks) caused this issue .... so there needs to be another patch to fix the issues one of the other patches created , which seems to be a ongoing thing with Microsoft since Windows 95 , make a patch to fix what the last patch screwed up ....

Is there anything aside from resetting my PC again , and starting over , that will permanently fix this issue ??? , I don't like using Outlook online , I want a PC based email , that actually works as it is supposed to , and used to ....

Any help aside from the robotic , "Do this" reply , stating everything I have already said I did THAT DID NOT WORK , I need someone to address my specific questions , and so I don't have to reply with , "as I stated ,I already tried that and it did not work or fix the issue" over and over ............ Thanks ... Jim..........

Continue reading...