Windows 10 Issue on bootup with any audio player - fixes itself on a reboot

• Thread starter Thread starter FraggedLew
  • Start date Start date
F

FraggedLew

So I have been having this weird bug that more recently has been frequent, as in everytime i cold start up the pc. It gets fixed if i then restart.

Basically, if i load for example, Spotify or Pretzel, they get stuck in a play loop of the first few seconds of the song, won't let me click to change a song, it just ignores the press. i can pause/play but not skip or change. In Pretzel, it just keeps skipping indefinitely without playing anything. On Chrome it'll then come up with the media key control box if i play anything with audio in the top left, which is obscenely large. If I then restart the PC the problem is fixed, my media keys control properly, the audio apps work as intended until I shut it all down and then turn it on the next day.

I will preface this by saying this all started fully when I started using Voicemeeter Banana with my streaming setup. Even though i've followed tutorials to set it all up correctly and ensure my defaults are all set up this issue is intermittent.

At first I thought it was my keyboard, so I've since replaced it. I used to own a Razer Blackwidow 2014, I have since now got a HyperX Alloy Origins. But the problem is still there. I've tried all the windows updates, completely removing Voicemeeter and the V-Cable and then one by one installing them with restarts in between but it didn't make a difference.

I'm also not sure if this is a related issue but I also had an infrequent issue where my USB mic would for some reason be going through Voicemeeter and then suddenly windows would disregard the settings/filters applied through voicemeeter, as if it was raw input. The only way i managed to fix that is use a different USB slot. Every other fix online I tried did nothing to fix it. Luckily since the October updates of windows 10 I've not been having this problem.

If anyone has any idea why this is, it would be a great help as restarting my PC everytime is rather irritating.

To me it seems like some kind of media key conflict, even though this is my only keyboard input device. Problem is I like to use the Media Keys during streams to control playing Pretzel without me needing to ALT+Tab out of the game.

Continue reading...

Back