Windows 10 Issues with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4550 after update to build 1809

• Thread starter Thread starter andremun
  • Start date Start date
A

andremun

I have an old Dell Studio Laptop 1558, which comes with an integrated ATI card. It had been working without issues with the legacy 13.1 driver from AMD (8.970.100.7000), until the roll out of build 1809 in May 2019. However, after that, the driver cannot longer be loaded nor reinstalled. Unfortunately, I was away for a period, and the 10 days for rolling back the update has passed. This is the message that appears in the device properties:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)​

{Bad Image}​

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x​

I have tried so far: (1) re-install the driver 13.1 (with and without compatibility mode), (2) use the later 13.9 version for Windows Vista (with and without compatibility mode), (3) get a newer driver through Windows Update, and (4) use the Microsoft provided driver in KB4057291. Somewhere I found that I should try installing the driver without internet connection. That also failed. Any suggestions that would prevent me from making a clean install?

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back