Windows 10 Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

• Thread starter Thread starter Normal_user2018200
  • Start date Start date
N

Normal_user2018200

Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications:

• Model :: HP ProBook 6475b
  • CPU :: AMD A10-5750M
  • GPU :: AMD Radeon HD 8650G
  • RAM :: 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM
  • HDD :: 2TB, 5400RPM, SATA III (ST2000LM007-1R8174)

The laptop was working relatively well after the Windows 10 1709 Update, but then began to experience issues, because it had been accidentally registered with the Insiders Program - signified by the GSOD's I used to get at the time. So, I had Windows 10 reset itself - wipe everything but the OS (but not before backing up my app installers and data first). After that, I slowly moved all of my applications back onto the laptop. From my entire time using this laptop (up until the latest OS and driver upadtes), I haven't experienced like this until now. I've been getting frequent BSOD's, with most of them occurring while I'm away from the machine. It's gotten bad enough where I went on and changed settings so I could get full memory dumps from the laptop (along with minidumps). I can upload the smaller ones, but the larger ones are going to have to wait. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated, since I have yet to be able to successfully read the dumps myself without resorting to this:

Due to the possibility of this being caused by drivers, I may try out this suggestion whenever I get the time:

I am a college student, so I might not always have free time for troubleshooting. This computer is my main laptop, which is why I am so concerned. It worked perfectly fine until after the OS/driver updates that followed the Windows reset (180X and later). I don't want to point my finger at a specific cause yet, because I am unsure of what may be causing it. I did install two new Windows Store apps recently, but I doubt that they are that dangerous (Ditto, QuickLook). Besides that, I haven't installed any new applications on this machine - for months.

If anyone wants to help, please do - but there a few things that I am not willing to try at this point in time:

• full or partial Windows Reset (since I just did that only a short while ago, and this still happened)
  • buying a new laptop (cash is tight right now, and I've already quit my summer job)
  • CPU downgrade (has been in use for over half a year now - issues are way too recent to have been caused by it)

Anything else is fair game. And, before anyone makes this mistake again, yes, this laptop has a proper CPU socket. It can be swapped for another CPU. I've already had one person make the assumption that such is not the case, and it's annoying. Furthermore, this model is compatible with Windows 10 - there are updated drivers and support pages for it here. Please do research before just saying something. I need assistance - not to be bludgeoned by misinformed statements and repeated suggestions. Please look at the comments above you before replying, to make sure you aren't unknowingly repeating someone else. With that said, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Here are links to the mini-dumps I mentioned before:

Continue reading...