Windows 10 KB4524147 and VirtualHere USB 3 XHCI Controller made my Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller on the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 failed.

• Thread starter Thread starter davihuan
  • Start date Start date
D

davihuan

KB4524147 and VirtualHere USB 3 XHCI Controller made my Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller on the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 failed.

Translated by Google Translate.

All of my external USB devices failed after I went to work today. The result of the final check was that the Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller on the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 failed. The error message is Object Name already exists. Code 31. Then I repeatedly removed the device and then did a hardware change scan several times. There was no way to solve this problem, then I started my debugging process.

First of all, I removed the KB4524147 first, then it didn't work after rebooting. I also did several removals and hardware change scans. It didn't work, so I started to remove all the software related to Thunderbolt, from the software with the latest installation date. After I started the removal, and after the reboot, I started to update the latest major and recommended firmware and drivers with Lenovo Vantage, and all UEFI / Thunderbolt / Intel ME Firmwares were updated.

After plugging in the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2, the above Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller is still in a failed state. I came to think of one thing. I recently tested the VirtualHere USB Server function, so I installed VirtualHere USB Controller on my computer. I guess I probably have this problem left. After I removed all the Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller with the exclamation mark and the VirtualHere USB 3 XHCI Controller, after the hardware change scan, the Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller function on the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 returned to normal.

So the war criminals are KB4524147 and VirtualHere USB 3 XHCI Controller, the victim is the Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller on the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2, and then I am the unfortunate lightning rod that Google can't find the result.

ref: If you install the KB4524147, it may cause removable USB controller broken.

#KB4524147 #VirtualHere

Continue reading...

Back