Windows 10 Kernel Power 41 Crash after reinstalling Windows

• Thread starter Thread starter PimpMX
  • Start date Start date
P

PimpMX

I'm literally about to try doing satanic chants to stop my computer crashes. This issue started appearing after i've decided that after upgrading my CPU and switching my motherboard that it would be good to have a clean Windows install. For two weeks after upgrading without reinstalling Windows everything went fine and without any problems zero crashes.

Then i've decided to reinstall Windows and from there on things started going downhill. After a two days after my fresh install i had my first Kernel Power 41 crash and i wasn't sure what happened. The cause from the crashes are always unknown. Below is a typical log of this wonderful Kernel-Power 41 crash. They're literally are always zeroed out.

EventData

BugcheckCode0
BugcheckParameter10x0
BugcheckParameter20x0
BugcheckParameter30x0
BugcheckParameter40x0
SleepInProgress0
PowerButtonTimestamp0
BootAppStatus0
Checkpoint0
ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn1
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
CheckpointStatus0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20
LongPowerButtonPressDetected
false

Then i assumed my Windows install was faulty and and reinstalled again twice after my Windows started crashing again. When my install had no programs installed it never crashed, it only started crashing after installing a few programs. Which leads me to believe that it could be a software issue. But my knowledge about how to debug driver/software issues that could cause these problems is very limited especially because there are no logs pointing to specific errors or any mindiump files.

System:

- ASUS Prime B250-PLUS

- i7-6700k (No overclock but undervolted for better temperatures, but crashes also occur under normal voltages)

- GTX 1060 (No overclock)

- 32GB DDR4 2666 Mhz HyperX RAM

- 2 x 240GB Kingston SSD's (Windows is installed on one of them)

- 1 x 1TB HDD

These crashes always happen periodically and randomly. Somedays i have 3-5 crashes and on some days i literally have zero crashes and very rarely i go two to three days without crashing.

These crashes mostly happen under low load and are extremly rarely while gaming. I have no bluescreen and my screen goes completly black and then my computer reboots, no minidump file or anything, just this infuriating extremly generic message in event viewer.

The only crash i experienced during gaming was very weird. My computer didn't reboot but was suddenly frozen and displayed the last unfrozen image that my monitor displayed, i then had to turn my computer off by holding down the power button for a few seconds.

GPU and CPU temperatures are always in the optimal range and are never too high.

What i've tried so far:

- Reinstalling Windows- Reinstalling nvidia drivers with DDU uninstaller.

- Disabling windows power saving (HDD and other stuff)

- Uninstalling Realtek audio drivers and stopping them from reinstalling

- Turning off fast boot

- Testing my RAM with memtest86 (No errors after 12 hours)

- Switching my PSU for a newer more reliable one

- Switching my RAM for another freshly bought one

- Reseating all my cables in my computer case and making sure they're properly seated

- Reseating my RAM

- Unplugging my HDD (Because it's rather old and i think it'll fail soon because it makes weird noises on startup)

My computer is directly plugged into the power outlet and not into an extension cord if that's important. I've had this issue for four months since upgrading my computer but now im at my breaking point and this is really pissing me off that this issue still persists although i've tried so much and spent a lot of money.

Usually i really don't have any problems with computers since i'm used to being able to fix every tech problem i've had come upon because im rather tech savvy. But damn this **** is making my head hurt like hell. Never was so frustrated about a problem.

Continue reading...