nrizos23

GPU MSI GeForce RTX 3070
CPU/COOLER AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / NZXT Kraken X53

MOBO MSI B550 Gaming Plus

MEMORY G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3600MHz
PSU
Corsair RM850

STORAGE Samsung: 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD / 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD

BACKGROUND: Just about a month ago I build my first PC. Everything worked except my M.2 (boot) drive was not being recognized once I changed my RAM to manufacture speeds. When I saved changed and restarted, the computer would turn on but only show black. After about a minute or 2 the computer would eventually boot into BIOS. I'm unsure of what made this happen, but my belief is that because there was no OS, the computer went back to BIOS. However, once I changed the speed back, the computer would boot with no issues. In the end, I un/reinstalled my M.2 drive, and reset Windows. One of these things fixed my issue, allowing me to run 3600MHz.

CURRENT ISSUE: A week or so passes and my computer suddenly goes black while gaming. It was as if my computer went in sleep mode with black monitors and computer still on. A minute or 2 passes and the computer boots to windows (I believe this is a restart). I went into Event Viewer, seeing "Critical Kernel Power Event 41" (IMAGE Gyazo). This error would happen randomly while playing a game. I immediately reset BIOS to default settings and ran a Heaven Benchmark test, leading to the same error within 5 minutes. I had also ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic resulting in 0 Issues Found.

Heres the dump file: 010521-6437-01.dmp

I have no idea what any of this means. With some research I'm left with little to no information on what to do or how to further identify the issue of this error. PLEASE HELP! (Yes I have already tried reinstalling Windows again)

Continue reading...