Windows 10 Kernel-Power: Event ID 41, Task Category 63 when watching videos in browser, Realtek Audio related

• Thread starter Thread starter 02021537898132
  • Start date Start date

When watching a video online, the system will shut down and restart itself within a matter of 10-20 minutes. Playing several videos in different tabs simultaneously results in an almost instant kernel error. The error only occurs when watching videos online, happens with all browsers and seems to be related to the Realtek High Definition Audio.

I can play video games no matter how hardware demanding without problems, can also watch Netflix in the app or listen to music without issues, as long as I do not open any website displaying a video in a browser the computer will run for days. The usual fixes recommended online do not resolve the issue (changes in power plan settings, disabling audio devices, reinstalling audio drivers etc.).

After months of searching for the cause I had already fixed the error back in 2018, it's now back since a January update for Windows 10. Sadly I do not remember the exact fix I used back in 2018. It involved command prompts and possibly edits in regedit as far as I remember and Realtek Audio played a role in it. So far I wasn't able to find the tutorial again, since almost every online guide to fix the Kernel 41 issue only shows how to change power plan settings.

Event ID 41, Task Category 63, all BugcheckCodes are 0.

I would be grateful for any help, thanks in advance.

Continue reading...